Welcome to the YAedge Book Club! Before we get started, I thought I would first set a few ground rules. Everyone is welcome to participate, but please keep the rules in mind at all times.
To participate, get your hands on a copy of that month's book at your local library, online, or better yet, your local independent bookseller.
The rules are posted (and will always be posted) on the right sidebar.
1. The goal of this book club is to read, enjoy and have fun discussing Young Adult books. Obviously, fun is key. Feel free to invite friends to join along. The more the merrier!
2. You may find that you disagree with something another member of the group has said. It's okay to disagree! Debating a point about the book is fine, but please be kind to everyone here.
3. Flaming and/or inappropriate behavior and/or language will not be tolerated.
4. As Administrator, I have the right to delete inappropriate comments. Please keep all comments constructive to the book/topic.
5. Keep on topic, but feel free to introduce information that is relevant to the discussion (historical facts, bio details, book background, cover, characters, related authors or topics).
6. Please no spoilers in the open discussion! Toward the end of the month, when everyone should be finished with the book, I can start another discussion post that can be tagged with a spoilers alert.
If we all stick to the six rules listed above, everyone will have a good time!
Now on to the fun part, how the book club will work.
At the 1st of each month, we will start a new book. If you look at the right sidebar, you will see a poll to vote for the next month's book club read. Please feel free to vote for the book you are most interested in reading next. Once we have all voted, the book with the most votes wins. As you can see, the book currently being read is also displayed in the sidebar.
The authors; blogs will be an ongoing list in the sidebar to keep track of the books/authors we've read in the past.
During the month, as we read the book, feel free to come to the blog and start a discussion in the comments section. I'll keep a post open for discussion and have a link to it on the sidebar. The comments for this blog are through IntenseDebate, allowing other people to reply. That way, we can keep topics together in one thread. You do not need to sign up for IntenseDebate to comment.
I will also try to contact the authors for an interview. Depending on the author, I will try to open it up for questions. When the time comes, I will post for questions so that everyone can participate.
That's all! I look forward to reading with everyone and carrying on great discussions. Now crack open this month's book and read!
Graphic Novels and Comics Not Just for Kids
6 years ago