Below are a few questions I thought would be interesting to throw out to the group. Please feel free to add any questions in the comments you would also like to discuss. Also, keep in mind, just reply to a question or someone's answer if you'd like to respond. Keeping the discussion clean and organized is the key to a fun talk!
If you are new to the group, before commenting please review the FAQ and rules.
Don't forget, the poll for June's selection ends May 28th. If you have yet to vote, please do so.
Since I was unable to contact Melina Marchetta for this month's interview, I will have a contest on the blog soon instead!
Final Questions (based on completing the book):
- After finishing the book, do you think the lesson or meaning of Jellicoe Road changed from start to finish? How?
- In the first discussion, we discussed Taylor's story and how it was very different from the 5 friends' tale. At the end of the book, both stories were woven together. Did you think that the end conclusion was satisfying for both ends of the story?
- I've heard/read about many people's confusion with the beginning of the book. Did you feel confused, and if so, did it change your view of the book overall?
- What will you take away with you from reading Jellicoe Road?
- Do you think the book is portrayed properly (cover, back cover copy (or jacket flap), etc.) in stores/media?
REMEMBER, COMMENTS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!