Below are a few questions I thought would be interesting to throw out to the group, based on the discussions going on in the previous discussion thread. Please feel free to add any questions in the comments you would also like to discuss. Also, keep in mind, just reply to a question or someone's answer if you'd like to respond. Keeping the discussion clean and organized is the key to a fun talk!
If you are new to the group, before commenting please review the FAQ and rules.
Don't forget, the poll for May's selection ends April 27th. If you have yet to vote, please do so. It's a tight race!
Thanks again to A.S King for letting us discuss The Dust of 100 Dogs this month!
Final Questions (based on completing the book):
- After finishing the book, do you think the lesson or meaning of The Dust of 100 Dogs changed from start to finish? How?
- A few of you mentioned in the start of discussion that Emer grabbed your attention at the beginning of the story, more so than Saffron. After reading both stories, who do you relate to more in life, Emer or Saffron?
- In the interview section with A.S. King, we had a great discussion regarding animal violence vs. human violence. Most of us mentioned that the animal violence affected us more than human violence. After having finished the book, is your view still the same?
- What will you take away with you from reading The Dust of 100 Dogs?
- Do you think the book is portrayed properly (cover, back cover copy (or jacket flap), etc.) in stores/media?
REMEMBER, COMMENTS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!